There are more than 30 Free Zone Companies. Amongst which we will recommend you the most suitable one for your activity. The main interest of establishing an UAE Free Zone Company is that there are no foreign ownership restrictions and companies are governed by an independent Free Zone Authority (FZA), which is regulating the activities of those companies. Free Zone Companies could be held through an offshore entity to mitigate inheritance risks linked to Sharia Law and offer more accessible and flexible vehicle to foreign investors.
Main Characteristics of a Free Zone Company:
- Total foreign ownership (no requirement for a local national partner) allowed
- Full repatriation of capital and profits
- Tax residency certificate to benefit of UAE’s double tax conventions can be granted
- Ideal vehicle for UAE market entry
- 100% import & export tax exemptions
- Corporate tax exemptions for up to 50 years.
- No personal income taxes
- No Foreign currency control
- Trading and industrial activities can only be carried out in UAE mainland if a joint venture with an UAE official local agent is formed
- Serviced desks and offices for SMEs available.
- 2 to 3 visas are usually granted. Additional ones will depend on the size of the physical office.
- Enable shareholders, directors and employees to obtain residency visas in the UAE
- Each Free Zone has a specific focus on a particular business (Commodities, Trading, Banking, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrial etc.)
- There are four main types of entities: FZC (limited liability Company for at least 2 shareholders), FZE (Limited Liability Company for one shareholder), Branch, and Representative Office of UAE or foreign parent company.